Who the Hell is maadjurguer?

My photo
I like to ski, mountain bike, drink beer, cook and listen to any jam band I can get my hands on; all while making a complete ass of myself. Hopefully this catharsis is as interesting to others as it is to me.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sickness = Rambling post

I'm heading to Wolf Creek this weekend for a week of skiing and a week of not working. As usual, I get sick right before I go on vacation. Massive head cold, sinus congestion, swollen lymph nodes in my neck, lethargy. To top it off....Mrs. MaadJurguer will not be able to come because her boss has some sort of walking Pneumonia and she has to step it up for a few weeks. The hit's keep on rollin'! Hopefully I can muster my strength and get it together before skiing.....oh yeah, I'm still going on vacation, just without my wife. Saturday night is not going to be much help either, what with the Big-12 championship going down. Guess I'm gonna have to buck up. If I can manage, I'll blog some during the trip via the blackberry.

Because of this funk, I have not ridden two days in a row. Not counting trips out of town, I have not been off my bike two days in a row in.....I can't remember. If abstinence gets me better for Wolf Creek....I'm all for it. I've had my stomach set on some Nacho's from Bear Creek Saloon in Pagosa Springs since last year....they are the best Nacho's this side of the Kuiper Belt.

Speeking of food; I've been experimenting with my own energy bar recipe since this summer. I finally got a mix which is pretty darn good. I've been shooting for a blend of slow release carbs and instant carb boost via natural ingredients. My most recent blend starts with irish oats, buckwheat flour, ground flax, cinnamon, blackstrap molasses, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, whole almonds, dried cherries, dried currants, dried apricots, dried dates, golden raisins, dried strawberries, dried blueberries and white chocolate chunks. I bake them up on a 9x13 pan in the oven for 20 minutes, cool, cut into bars, flip and cook for another 10 minutes. The result this time came out crunchy and chewy.....in other words, perfect. I'll be carrying a bunch with me when skiing and riding, so holler if you want one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment