Who the Hell is maadjurguer?

My photo
I like to ski, mountain bike, drink beer, cook and listen to any jam band I can get my hands on; all while making a complete ass of myself. Hopefully this catharsis is as interesting to others as it is to me.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Lollipop around the Peaks

I did a CCW spin around the peaks this Friday with the goal of roughly 60 miles and about 6 grand in elevation gained.....















....wound up rolling 59.4 miles according to TopoFusion (my GPS says 60.1) and 5940 of elevation gained on the day.




Upon reaching the last bit of single track back to Schultz Pass from Snowbowl road, I ran out of water due to the 93 degree heat on the day. I thought hard about pushing on the last 7 miles to Schultz with another 10 miles beyond that point to return to home...rationalizing that I could probably make it....but would be singing show tunes in the vein of Ethel Merman by the time I got home. So I decided to bail on that last section and head down the road to find some water.

However, it was still a great day on the bike...






















saw some wild turkey....






















nary a soul seen except for the crew in the IB carving out some sweet new singletrack in the aspens....

















had some excellent wildflower viewing on the west side off of the new AZT section south of 418.....


















Only complaint from me was it seems the horses have had their way with the AZT in that area while the trail was muddy.....























It made for a rough ride given my wicked case of monkey butt....but then again....monkey butt hurts sitting in my office, so I should not complain.

2 comments:

Screaming Monkey Bike said...

you are livin a dream my friend. living a dream....

Anonymous said...

thanks...it feels like a dream sometimes

Post a Comment