Who the Hell is maadjurguer?

My photo
I like to ski, mountain bike, drink beer, cook and listen to any jam band I can get my hands on; all while making a complete ass of myself. Hopefully this catharsis is as interesting to others as it is to me.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Celebration of Life

You can tell a lot about a person by the kind of folks that show up to their wake.  I don't need any assurances that my wife was a wonderful person and those that knew her don't need it either.  But I know now, that a lot of folks who just knew her though me or others, feel the same way.  I won't bother writing much more about the send-off we gave Lindsey since I'm already out of words; and actions always speak louder than words.  I've placed these thoughts all into her Eulogy and in the time I've spent on the love and friendship with all who showed up to celebrate her life.
Before the Eulogy was delivered, everyone had their middle fingernail painted green a la Bunny Lebowski.  We then showed the camera what we really thought about ED.

A flight of balloons into the sky with a note attached allowed all a release that was much needed......

Everyone got name tags with characters from The Big Lebowski....this guy chose Carl Hungis...

We then proceeded to have some beers......


.....some burgers........


......and some laughs.......Jenny likes Rocky!


The pool was enjoyed by many on this hot summer night......




........while others enjoyed the spectacular sunset in the company of loved memories and stories of Lindsey.


Thanks to all who came out and filled my home with love and support.....my heart swells when I realize just how many folks were touched by Lindsey's wonderful presence.

7 comments:

chollaball said...

odd to say this about a wake, but it was a great time. thanks for letting us share the love with you two.

maadjurguer said...

Not odd at all....Wake's should be a celebration of life in the spirit of vitality....not a brooding affair focused on an illness that took a persons life far to early....Thanks for coming.

Gnome said...

Well played, Maad. Damn well played.

Anonymous said...

beautiful tribute, maad...Thank you for inviting us to share in this celebration of Lindsey's life you both shared so deeply.

much love...
su ling

ricky055 said...

Thank you for having us and for allowing my family to share such a special day. Although I never met her, it is easy to tell Lindsey was an extraordinary person. take care and hope to see you a the trail soon.

RM

P.s
"shut the fuck up Donny"

maadjurguer said...

^^^^^^^^Right on! Glad to meet you and your son....I passed a note to Missy expressing my desire to thank you & your son for the AWESOME effort you both exhibited for a woman you never knew, and her husband; It is truly appreciated. I would love to cook for you and your family some day.....ask Missy.....I know my way around a kitchen....at least, I think I do!

pompom said...

You have got a nice blog site. Congratulations!

Post a Comment