Who the Hell is maadjurguer?

My photo
I like to ski, mountain bike, drink beer, cook and listen to any jam band I can get my hands on; all while making a complete ass of myself. Hopefully this catharsis is as interesting to others as it is to me.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

The sands of the season

If you've never ridden the AZT singletrack from Pistol Hill to the Cienega and back.....you've not lived.  Here is your chance to do so....AZT Jamboree.   I set out to ride this section on my day off....what I found on this day took my breath away.  It's a land defined by contrast....an equilibrium held by gossamer threads....a place where seasons hold tight within topographic anomalies....a place where emotions can find solace in similar circumstance......

It once was said that the sands of time know no boundary.......

That whispers spoken in the wind are too soft to hear..........

And that the colors of a rainbow only represent what we see in our own hearts........   

I don't believe in any of this, for I hear the whispers in the sound the breeze makes between the spines of saguaros as I pass......me stopping from time to time, wondering if someone is there.....

....I see the colors of the world expressed in varied configurations through the seasons.....

....and I count the grains as they slowly pass by me in the current of a desert stream.

We can slowly adjust our expectations to tune ourselves to these things....Mindful acceptance of what is present over what is not, will bring us closer....closer to happiness in what is our inheritable right...a world of beauty and wonder.

When you strip away the layers, you find the raw beauty of what is, at times, death and decay.....they become beauty within the right perspective....

A fading stream held captive to the transition of fall to winter....no longer exhibiting the roil of a summer tempest....is now sanguine.  With banks carved from the violence of excess, it now sits draped in the contemptuousness of fall.

I visited old friends this week, and made new ones.  I paid homage to those left behind, and I've looked toward the future.  Within each, I've faced them with an open heart; ready to spill blood if I must, and smile when in doubt.

Someone told me this past week....."people should smile more"....I agree.  As in riding and skiing...where you look, your body follows.  As on the singletrack and powdered slope, so goes our attitude......where your smile leads, your heart will follow.

Where do you want to go?.........

0 comments:

Post a Comment