Who the Hell is maadjurguer?

My photo
I like to ski, mountain bike, drink beer, cook and listen to any jam band I can get my hands on; all while making a complete ass of myself. Hopefully this catharsis is as interesting to others as it is to me.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Resonance

I met up with J-Bake for a ride up on Mt. Lemmon...reminiscing of failed attempts at the 300 and fun rides in the past.  J-Bake tore it up and provided a good subject for my lens....me, learning new things that resonate from the past...stronger than before, doubling in effect and propelling me forward into a new world.

This ride all feels so familiar....as if it has happened before, and it will happen again....again is now.

Climbing obstacles bested in past years, I find myself hesitating at them once again......

Coming in waves which I no longer should have to think about; my hesitation is usurped by the jump and satisfying feeling of reliving thoughts and feelings I had so long ago......the nervousness, anticipation, fear and excitement all part of a process I'd long lost touch with....

Her green dress took my breath away that day....a symbol of the glory of spring and early summer....I can't get the image out of my mind.... 

The ride was, as rides go, a great one but a bit awkward at first....a first ride on non-flowy trails with a new bike.  The constant change combined with a newly developing skillset to bond with  my new ride frustrates me at times.  Try as I may to make it roll like my previous bike, I'm at least cognizant of the need to just flow with it....stop thinking....stay centered and present.  This is not your old bike....the rules are different now....

Let the obstacles present themselves to you through the present situation instead of future-tripping on what might happen based on past experiences.......

The past no longer matters.....stop trying to anticipate what will happen...your memory is stained of the old....this is the new.......relax, breathe in, enjoy the moment for what it is...a beautiful moment....

Some moments are easier than others....live for them, but don't rest on them either....keep moving.....

Old habits are hard to break....but some of them are rituals found in the resonance of the ride.....feelings of euphoria amplified by the swell of current events......

Monkey business has returned to my rides after a long winter of disciplined structure.....

....and so does the 3-man wolfpack which howls for the past, but always looks towards the future.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"To live in this world

you must be able
to do three things:
to love what is mortal;
to hold it

against your bones knowing
your own life depends on it;
and, when the time comes to let it go,
to let it go."

~ Mary Oliver ~

Jonathan said...

Thanks for the great times. We should ride some other trails on the mountain sometime soon.

Post a Comment