Who the Hell is maadjurguer?

My photo
I like to ski, mountain bike, drink beer, cook and listen to any jam band I can get my hands on; all while making a complete ass of myself. Hopefully this catharsis is as interesting to others as it is to me.

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Without further ado, I give you LaFawnduh

As my previous posts explained, I've had a bit of a bike crisis. So I did what any sane person would do....I threw money at the problem and bought another blue bike. Here is the result of my efforts:

















The guys at Adventure bike have been good to me over the last year, so I decided to throw some business their way and step my game up some more. It may be blue like my Jenna, but this one comes with a major difference.....



















For a 5.5" travel bike, the suspension is pretty tight when pedaling...but soaks up everything else out there.























True to her name, I broke some personal speed records on the down just the first time out

















Please don't misread my intentions here....I still love my HiFi and always will, but this new bike has something....everything I wanted in a bike, but never knew before riding this one. I'm still swapping out my components off of the HiFi and putting them on the new bike and fine tuning the suspension...which leads me to the issue of what to name her.

In riding along yesterday, I realized that in comparison to each other; there really are no comparisons. The two bikes are both great, but they each excel at different things. So asking me to equate one to another is patently unfair. I, however, can offer these observations from my last bike ride.

The HiFi is a goat...it can climb just about anything with my skills being the limiting factor.

But that comes at a cost on the down. The bike is downright twitchy given it's steep headtube and roughs me up on these AZ trails.....kinda like this.....



The Mach 5 on the otherhand, floats through the rough like a landrover. It does give up a bit on the climb because it's got more "junk in the trunk".....and then it hit me



This bike has more junk in the trunk than a honda....that's why I'm gonna call her LaFawnduh. I'll be writing up a more complete review when i get everything spec'd out, dialed in and locked down. Until then, call me Kip when you see me.....Peace out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment