Who the Hell is maadjurguer?

My photo
I like to ski, mountain bike, drink beer, cook and listen to any jam band I can get my hands on; all while making a complete ass of myself. Hopefully this catharsis is as interesting to others as it is to me.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

TUK FXS game day

Waking the next day, the briskie was rubbed with some coarse grained spices and then placed onto the smoker....26 hours later, it would be done.....



With an even mix of mesquite and hickory, the smoke begins to rise with the excitement of the day....the game is still a day away but the smell of the wood reminds me of my first OU game so very long ago....


Closing the lid on the meat....my only interaction with it other than to add wood to the smoke is seen through these two little guys....their remotes always within earshot to wake me in the middle of the night in case of temp spikes.....



As the meat slowly rose in temp....I prepped the other foods for the next day....here my TUK FXS coleslaw has taken shape.....


Fire roasting poblanos and Anaheims which are added into the polenta along with Gruyère cheese which is then formed into wedges and grilled fresh the next day....

With all the food prep done....I had nothing to do with the rest of the day before the game....but plot the internal temp profile of the briskie on it's march to completion.....


At 9 the next day.....The ribs went on.....here they're done with their first 2 hrs in the smoke and are now being wrapped in foil and juices for another 2 hrs.....the 2-2-1 method being employed....



With folks arriving and the game going well....halftime afforded me the opportunity to spread things out....


Prior to serving....I set aside the point on the brisket.....to be used as burnt ends later.  Happy with yet another successful gastronomic execution and a win this year by OU....the memories of friends who helped me celebrate over some of the best bark on a briskie ever will keep me fueled until next year....


6 comments:

u2metoo said...

way to go, martha

chollaball said...

*want*

daralyn said...

It is 6:30am, and yet now I'm hungry for some brisket!

Anonymous said...

Awesome! My brother is an OU grad and was at the game. I inherited a Big Green Egg but I have yet to master the science of the smoke. I am now inspired to run out and buy some brisket.

rockman

Anonymous said...

Dude, you have to open a bbq joint. Phx needs this.

Anonymous said...

Phx does indeed need a good bbq joint....the place on main street in Gilbert aint half bad....but no one....and I mean NO ONE in this state does Brisket justice....guess if you want to do a job right, you gotta do it yourself. I had the burnt ends last weekend.....yummy!

Post a Comment