Who the Hell is maadjurguer?

My photo
I like to ski, mountain bike, drink beer, cook and listen to any jam band I can get my hands on; all while making a complete ass of myself. Hopefully this catharsis is as interesting to others as it is to me.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Bulldog Canyon

Despite the horrible filth in the air these days, leaving my waking lungs feeling like a used up catalytic converter, I had to get outside.....bluebird skies and 75 beckoned me into the desert.  Keeping it short today was important since I'm ramping up right now for future rides....so Bulldog Canyon became the route.

Spinning out at a tour pace with a tortilla, chocolate bar and a live show of Widespread Panic in my ears; I had to stop and snap a pano of 4-Peaks from the Mine-Twisted Sister intersection on Hawes.  I never tire of looking at this range....soon I'll be riding around them. 


Spinning and turning, gliding and banking....the music was in tune to the ride at a level that I often seek, but rarely find.  A song transition stopped me just as I saw a giant looming against Smurf blue skies.

After completing the transition between Wild Horse and Bulldog Canyon....a lackluster spin up a sandy wash.....I turned into the canyon and stopped to eat my tortilla and chocolate bar for lunch.  Peering up the canyon walls, I always expect to see Jawa's and Sand People ready to strip my ride of all precious metals....so I continued on......

.....but not before shooting a pic of my freshly shorn face....I miss the beard, but I credit the clean look with generating a third interview with a certain company I hopefully will start working for.

Topping out on the rocky climb up Bulldog Canyon, I snapped another pano; this time of the Superstitions.  At this point, I had planned to test out a new route minimizing the hardball back home...but a severely sprained thumb (generated in two falls on the Bulldog climb) enticed me back the easy way...giving me a clean 40 miles on the day.

1 comments:

Dave W said...

Nice... I gotta get me some Bulldog ... Can you send me your Garmin linky to this.

Post a Comment