Who the Hell is maadjurguer?

My photo
I like to ski, mountain bike, drink beer, cook and listen to any jam band I can get my hands on; all while making a complete ass of myself. Hopefully this catharsis is as interesting to others as it is to me.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The weather is turning


I took my usual Tuesday morning ride before work and the weather was phenomenal. For starters, the wind which has been blowing out of the SW since June, was blowing out of the NE; so all the pollution from the valley and the farming districts south of town were pushed away from the east valley affording crystal clear views of 4 Peaks, Mt. Ord, the McDowell's and last but not least, Red Mountain. The temps were in the low 80's, the breeze was dry. I didn't feel like self-flagellation for flagellation sake since I've done too much of that lately, so I skipped the mud flaps portion of Hawes today by taking Saguaro from the Pig/Hawes intersection and following it up to the middle unnamed trail, east to Saddle, then the usual loop (Saddle switchbacks, Mine, Ridge, Pig, Hawes, home).




10 miles, 1275 ft elevation gained

0 comments:

Post a Comment