Who the Hell is maadjurguer?

My photo
I like to ski, mountain bike, drink beer, cook and listen to any jam band I can get my hands on; all while making a complete ass of myself. Hopefully this catharsis is as interesting to others as it is to me.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sick Pigs, Color and Hair

I'm not going to bother with an artsy post, a thoughtful post or a smarmy one.....just a few photo updates with comments from the scene which is my life:

The desert these days is insanely beautiful....this was taken during a flower-sniffer hike with Mrs. Maadjurguer about a week ago....riding through this scene has been awesome with hip high flowers and green bushes in many spots rendering the wide singletrack very narrow in spots.....awesome.



In preparation for the Squealer, I decided to trim my beard up a little since I was being mistaken for a Flagstrafican.  So I trimmed some of the old growth back which dated to the 1st week of November, and then added some style strips to give me the much sought after Mutton Chops with a big soul patch for extra measure.....although, I'm thinking of getting rid of the soul patch and just rocking the Mutton Chops since I will be looking for a job soon and I hear that the 'English Barkeep' look is really in demand right now.



And lastly, the Squealer.  Where do I start.....well, I only took one pic, and that was afterwords.  For starters....I am not a speed man.  So, I approached this time trial with this in mind (meaning I lollygagged), however disorder took over the night before in the form of food poisoning?  Nevertheless....I puked a few times and spent even more sessions on the toilet.  I thought of not showing up for the race...but I hate backing out of stuff like this (camaraderie, malt liquor and Bevinator cookies), so with 1.5 hrs of miserable sleep, I showed up at Chongo's house and pedaled off at 5am to reach my start location and time start at 5:59am.....I finished...and was not last....but clearly, I am not a speed man with a time of 2:42.  Aside for the excuses I've listed above in a not too subtle manner...I also think bringing less water because I wanted to make room for the 48 ounces of malt liquor I was carrying also somehow contributed to the time....but it also contributed to a good time!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude... that fucking beard is sick! God I wish I could grow facial hair!

Post a Comment